Our astrologists have elaborated a calendar of the planets retrograde motion for 2020.
This year, all the planets will be retrograde, some of them more times (Mercury and Uranus), others one time (Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, and Pluto). North Node and Chiron will also be retrograde.
Instead, Lilith or the Black Moon will advance in direct motion throughout the year.
Mercury will be retrograde 3 times in 2020:
- February 17 – March 10: in Pisces and Aquarius
- June 18 – July 12: in Cancer
- October 14 – November 3: in Scorpio and Libra
June 18 – July 12: in Cancer
The beginning of the summer will be very interesting, from an astral point of view, because there will be two eclipses, a Moon Eclipse on June 5th, followed by a Solar Eclipse on June 21st, and Mercury retrograde on June 18th.
For most of us, these astral phenomena come with significant changes, but also with difficulties in communication.
From June 18th of 2020, Mercury starts a retrograde motion in Cancer, which could emphasize not only the introspection states that are often overwhelming us during its transit but also the bouts of shyness.
It wouldn’t be a bad idea to be more selective with the topics and people to which we devote our attention. We risk absorbing the negative energy from around us.
In June, Venus is also retrograde (until June 25th), Jupiter continues to be retrograde in Capricorn, Saturn is retrograde in Aquarius, Neptune moves in a direct direction through Pisces until 6:32, June 22nd when it starts its retrograde motion, while Pluto is retrograde in Capricorn throughout the month.
From June 18th–July 12th, Mercury is retrograde in Cancer, the sign that governs family, house, our relationship with the past, history, and homeland.
During this period, some of us could face family problems, especially in communication or related to inheritances, houses, land, and family business.
Some memories or revelations could change the atmosphere for some families, while, for others, a period of clarification and forgiveness could follow.
Cancer is not a very challenging host for Mercury, nor is it in direct or retrograde motion.
While Mercury will go against its normal flow and will walk us through all kinds of emotional memory lanes, it will determine us to pay attention to some classic issues of communication, commerce, and movement, but only the area governed by Cancer.
Since Cancer is attached to house and family, here is exactly where we need to be on alert due to situations that at times can be challenging and, at the same time, very helpful can occur.
Some miscommunications with the members of the family or tensions between relatives are very possible under Mercury retrograde in Cancer.
However, this is an excellent period to reconnect with a member of the family, with whom we haven’t been in touch for a long time or to reconcile with someone dear, by reevaluating the situation that caused conflict.
Selling or buying a house or a house renovation or rearrangement project are areas of interest of this transit.
October 14 – November 3: in Scorpio and Libra
Mercury retrograde in Scorpio will determine us to be more expressive and bold. Although this event will positively influence our life, you need to know that the period of retrogradation can also cause many headaches.
Mercury retrograde in Libra can bring enough agitation, sarcasm, and nervousness with special influence on drawing wrong conclusions that we may regret later on. During this period, there is a strong fight between a forced detached attitude and a strong introspection tendency that can become dangerous.
It is a period of difficulties in communication, impatience, and thoughts focused on accomplishing personal goals. It is a time of redefining personal behavior.
🔥 Read also –> Yearly Horoscopes for 2020 : Love, money, and career forecasts for all signs in 2020.
February 17 – March 10: in Pisces and Aquarius
The Water signs are emotional and sentimental, and the Pisces and Aquarius natives are also full of sensibility and imagination, confusion, and feelings. There is difficult compatibility between Mercury and Pisces but even more challenging with the retrograde motion of Mercury in Aquarius.
With Mercury retrograde in the Water signs, we can expect some revisions of the unconscious emotional patterns of thinking. What makes you feel secure – allegiance?
And when do you tend to react out of habit, without thinking? Mercury retrograde in Pisces or Aquarius will make you aware of these things, allowing you to correct them, or do some psychological cleaning.
There is already some panic in the specialized press, especially online, on the topic of Mercury retrograde in Pisces.
Astrology is not meant to scare anyone, is not meant to terrify us about the future, or to scare us that everything we love or build will be lost or destroyed.
Yes, Pisces can lead to confusion, deception, and disillusion. But the Pisces sign is also the most spiritual, creative, nonlinear, and compassionate.
The periods when Mercury is retrograde also bring second chances. We may have the opportunity to heal an old wound, or to solve an old grudge. We may restart a neglected spiritual practice, or bring back to life a creative project that we’ve pushed aside.
Mercury Retrograde Dos and Don’ts
What to do:
- In general, the business and career slow down or drop when Mercury is retrograde. Use this period to finalize any unfinished task. It is a great period for cleaning your workplace. Schedule work even when it seems to be a routine.
- Since communication is poor when Mercury is retrograde, make sure you have additional time when you attend important events. Check twice everything you need to transmit, such as your travel plans.
What NOT to do:
- Don’t start any new action when Mercury is retrograde. If you start something, it will be a total disaster, and you will only waste time and money. You will need to start from zero when Mercury returns to its direct motion.
- Don’t make any important decisions. Any decisions you make now, you will need to remake or remodel once Mercury returns to its normal motion.
What to do:
- Review and restructure the financial deals during Mercury’s retrogradation phase.
- You can reevaluate and renegotiate a work contract or a financial deal.
- Take care of all the old businesses that are in a preservation process, and make sure you check them periodically.
What NOT to do:
- Don’t initiate new projects, partnerships, or investments. These would certainly lead to loss and also to unwanted delays and frustration
- Don’t buy anything new because it could be defective, broken, or unfit for use
- Don’t borrow money when Mercury is retrograde
What to do:
- Renew your love and devotion vows to your family. Make time to spend next to your lover or life partner, but don’t initiate new events.
- This is not a good time to fix relationships but to escape the past resentments and reproaches. Reconciliation works best during this period
What NOT to do:
- Don’t get married when Mercury is retrograde because this is a time when promises get easily broken and things get messed up. Although things seem to be okay between partners, anything can happen that could lead to separation, so be cautious!
- Don’t look for a new love because you will dive into murky waters. Although everything seems extraordinary at the beginning, it will turn into a total failure when Mercury returns to its direct motion. You will not get the right image of your relationships when Mercury is retrograde because things are foggy, unclear.
How Mercury Retrograde Affects the Zodiac Signs in 2020
Mercury retrograde in 2020 will force you to review some decisions or attitudes recently adopted. Possible contradictions, surprises, or unusual events in the relationships between life partners or conflicting parties; one of the possible hypostasis is that one of the partners will have second thoughts, whose justification will be difficult to understand.
As far as you are concerned, this year, Mercury brings hesitations, delays, or the desire to check and reformulate claims or the adopted position towards your life partners, and/or the recent deals, especially if they have been elaborated following some conflicts.
Mercury in apparent retrograde motion will create some renouncements, opinion reviews so that the discussions started a few weeks back, that seemed to lead to a happy ending, will be delayed to be perfected. There is also a good part of this transit, which will last until the beginning of December: it will allow in-depth knowledge of the legal elements involved in an agreement, association, or even marriage.
Workplace gossip will increase in intensity in the following period. You will find out more about your colleagues, and you will feel stuck in a group where you don’t find yourself. Try not to feed the rumors because there are great chances to get in an unpleasant situation.
On your birthday, you need to start paying more attention to your health. You must realize that your body is not as strong and that all the negative thoughts weaken you both mentally and physically. It is time to detach at least for a few days and get more rest.
Although everyone thinks you are a prankster and frivolous, you will manage to surprise your friends this month with a great idea. Everyone will apply your plan and will want your help for future projects. Try to set your priorities clearly and avoid drama.
In the following period, you will feel captive in an unbearable monotony. You will start counting the hours until the end of your shift, and you will no longer feel as productive as before. Try to see the positive aspects of what you do first and focus only on them.
Mercury retrograde in Leo will make you pay more attention to the younger relatives. You will organize small events for children, and you will have a lot of fun with them. It will remind you of the childhood years, which will bring forth an amalgam of contradictory emotions.
This event should make you stop chasing impossible goals. Before you make a decision, think of the consequences. Happiness in the couple can be built on the love of both partners!
During the following days, you will have a lot of ideas that will help your professional development. However, progress can be visible only if you can find a partner as determined as you. Find people you can trust, and tell them from the beginning what are your expectations.
You will encounter difficulties when getting in contact with people you don’t know. Try to take a break so you can find your peace. Only when you find your inner peace, you will be able to have a clear future.
Although you kind of ignored your friends lately, Mercury retrograde in Leo will make you realize that life without them is very sad. However, this sudden closeness with those you ignored for so long will only bring more chaos in your life.